Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sad about a Car???

This has been my favourite car. I've loved it from the minute it came, it is comfortable, reliable, my favourite colour, and I can see perched up high. Georgie has always chosen to go in Granma's Big Blue Car. I think she also could see well perched up high. It has been my safe and trusty steed for 200,000 klms and many, many trips up and down the Hume. But it has been here for 6 years now and the decision was made that we should update to avoid the mechanical issues arising with older age! Is it strange to be sad about a car? This one is like an old friend and yes I'm really upset and sad to see it have to go. I hope it finds a good home.

Here is the new one. Not quite so tall, vision not quite so good, seat not quite so comfy, boot not quite so big. But I hope we will be good friends; I like the colour, it corners better than the old one, has a better turning circle, isn't quite as noisy, has slightly better fuel economy, fits more people in and has a camera to tell you what's behind you. The number plate came with my initials incorporated. I'm taking that as a message that it wants to be my new trusty steed for long trips up and down the Hume. So now you have to watch for a red car to wave to!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Penny said...

What? No bull bar and spotties? How will you blind the oncoming traffic?