Sunday, June 28, 2009

Rainbow Swap -- Green Goodies


By now all the visitors to this blog know I've joined a Rainbow Swap Group on Ravelry. We have just done our green swap, and here are the goodies I made for my partner.Firstly I found this wonderful button which looked like it had a pattern tattooed across it. It was perfect for my partner, Elki, so I made it into a ring. She has since told me that everyone who has seen it has commented on it. Yes!............I'm so pleased she likes it.


Elki loves koi fish so I searched the internet and found this fabric with koi fish, and enough green to be suitable. I had to wait for it to come from the US, and made her a Japanese Knot Bag for her knitting and crochet projects.


I was browsing some patterns and saw a headband like this and knew it would suit, so I found green wool at the Mill Shop when I just happened to visit there and I knitted a headband. I searched all over for buckles, including the internet and found zilch! So I decided to go with bling and bought a diamante buckle which did nothing for the headband. In desperation then with time to mail at hand I scrabbled through Mum's old button box and bingo, there was this wonderful old buckle that was perfect. The story continues, as several days later I was at my local yarn store poking through their vintage buttons and I came across the exact same buckle for $20!!! Our swaps have a monetary limit and that would have been 2/3 of mine! Elki has told me she just loves the headband.

I had some koi fabric left and didn't want it to go to waste, so I added some plain and made another little project bag to put something small likes crochet squares or socks or hat into. This was a test for my new sewing machine as I wanted to put buttonholes into the top band to allow for a pullup cord. They didn't come out quite where I wanted them as the machine was so fast and had 1 done before I realised I had pressed the button. Now I know how it works :)


Posted by Picasa

No comments: