Saturday, May 2, 2009

Parcel out, parcel in

Swap fever and over-commitment continues at a hectic pace. While I was doing the magic yarn ball swap and the project bag swap and a birthday swap, I was also doing a Rainbow Swap in Yellow. My partner was the lovely 'Sandalwood' from Qld, in need of a spoil, so I crocheted a cotton scarf, spun some soft yellow tops for knitting and some English Leicester from SA for knitting and felting, added some bits and pieces I had collected, a hat and peg doll for her daughter, a shiroshimi bag to keep the knitting project in, some lovely stitchmarkers made by a friend Dawn, some wool from the Mill, local lemon myrtle butter, a towel crocheted by my dear MIL, a scented drawer sachet, a tape measure in a tin, and some lovely Wally Grub Sandalwood soap. This parcel also had to be ready to go with me to be posted from Sydney.

My parcel from 'Cazknit' came beautifully wrapped in cute dog paper, sent to me in Sydney. I had nobody to show until my daughter got back from her trip to the US!


And inside was not only some beautiful merino roving dyed by Cazknit but also some lovely merino and silk yarn dyed as well. Also a cute little tin with see-through lid and a handy notebook.

Along with the cute stichmarkers Cazknit made, she also made me an orifice hook for the spinning wheel. This created great interest amongst the Beechworth Handspinners!

So you see, Swap Fever really gets a hold on you.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: