Saturday, May 2, 2009

Magic Yarn Ball Swap for a Blue Butterfly continued

When I had finished making my yarn I collected up the goodies (some other yarn donated by Maree as well) and wound up the ball.

Here I am half way through winding

And here is the finished and very clumsy ball, almost the size of a soccer ball.

What is so wonderful about this is that I met my partner at the Stitches and Craft Show in Melbourne when I went with Maree. We spent quite a bit of the day with her and talked about the swap, and I was able to keep my secret! She later said she didn't have any idea I was her partner, although she had wished for the yarn when I showed photos of it.
Kelebek loved her yarn so much she found a gorgeous lace shawl pattern which she is knitting so beautifully. I have promised to spin the fibre I have left so she can make the shawl big enough, and when it is finished I hope she will send me a photo.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: