Saturday, May 2, 2009

Swap Fever

I'm a little slow in writing more about the new Fever that has overtaken everything else. Swap Fever. The DIY gene is to blame. If others are doing it, SO CAN I! Easy peasy, just add it to the list of over-commitment. Then comes the stress. Have to get it done, can't let myself down let alone my swap partner, but will she like it? Have I chosen the right colours and style? Too late, just do it.
Project Bag. My partner would like a tote with a very long handle; her colours grey, green, blue. So I finally found some fabric I loved and a pattern from Nicole Mailelieu, designer. I'm not confident sewing bags so I went step-by-step all the way to avoid a disaster.


The bag had to be finished to go with me to Sydney for mailing out at the correct time.

A few goodies were included, a shiroshimi bag to keep a knitting project tidy, and a mug with it's own little carry bag. I was happy with the finished product, it looked stylish. I'm still not sure bags are one of my favourite sewing projects, I'll have to try a few more. Maybe for myself so they're stress free.

And here is the exciting parcel I received from 'MissFee' with a trio of bags.

A wonderful large stand-up by itself project bag, with needle gauge attached (cause I can never find mine!), the most handy-size sunnyboy project bag, and a mini bag as well.

And in the bag was a beaded row counter (I'm so looking forward to mastering this and not having to recount all the time) and a trendy tape measure as well as some very special Playschool stickers for Georgie and James, choccie and some alpaca fibre to spin.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: