Saturday, May 2, 2009

Magic Yarn Ball Swap for a Blue Butterfly

I've been very over-committed doing Ravelry swaps!
One that I desperately wanted to do was a Magic Yarn Ball swap.
You sign up and are given a partner in secret to send to. You check out your partner's likes and dislikes and get a ball of yarn they will like and an appropriate pattern they (hopefully) will also like. Then you collect together some goodies to put in the ball (not too large as you will see) and you wind the ball inserting surprises along the way.
My partner was Kelebek, who absolutely loves blue and especially blue butterflies. So I set to with some of the most divine fibre from First Edition at Euroa, merino alpaca and silk, and spun an approximate 4ply for my partner Kelebek who loves knitting socks. I was very pleased with the result. The colours are gorgeous, very peacocky (which is appropriate coming from the home of the Silver Creek peacocks) and so beautifully soft, and I was happy it was nice and even and there shouldn't be any niggling lumps in her shoes.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: