Friday, September 12, 2008

in Granma's World

I never ever thought I would be doing this...blogging that is. I'm not that comfortable finding my way round a computer and my friends and family would tell you that I always say I have better things to do with my life than sit in front of a screen any more than I have to. But here I am, with a burning desire to have a blog. Maybe it is the very normal spring weather, so reviving after several years of dreadful drought. Maybe it is the blogs I have been reading and enjoying. I want to be part of it. Part of the people who share their life via blogs. Maybe it is just the chatter in my head that needs to come out my fingers. I imagine it won't always be like this and I am aiming to post once a week, although sometimes life gets hectic and time passes in a rush.



A big thank you to my daughter who has set up my blogspot. I enjoy her blog, featuring the grandchildren, and hopefully she will find things of interest in mine from time to time. And if you are wondering about the title, yes, I am Granma and I live 7 hours loooong drive away from my grandchildren, and when they came to visit several weeks ago after being in the car for much longer than 7 hours (there was extra driving to be done) they rounded the corner in the middle of our town in country Victoria and my granddaughter Georgia said excitedly "I know where we are, we're in Granma's world!" It is a different world to hers, of the city, and she loves it here. So, welcome to my world......

No comments: