Saturday, January 30, 2010

Purple Swap, the end of the Rainbow

I have greatly enjoyed the Rainbow Swaps, for my partner Lizla from Qld, in the purple swap I crocheted a shrug. As she didn't need thick woollies I thought this might be just warm enough. I found a lovely old fashioned lady needle holder which was perfect as she loves Jane Austen, and I was lucky to swap a skein of handspun by Tasknitter, and I made a skein of my own handspun, along with a small project bag. I'm much more fond of bright purple now!


The shrug called Roundabout is made as an enormous circle, then the sleeves are stitched in place and the collar folded back.
Apologies for the uncoordinated colours of the model, but it was a rush photo as I was in Sydney with the family and needed to send off the parcel.
Here is the lovely parcel I received from Sharre, and I have crocheted the silky malabrigo into a neck warmer and have just found lovely buttons to go on it, so a photo will come soon.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: