Saturday, January 24, 2009

Orange swap, I'm spoiled!

For a couple of months I've been mentioning orange. I'm in the Australian Swappers Group on Ravelry and participating in the Rainbow Swap and we are doing the Orange Swap now. This is what I have had on my spinning wheel. My orange parcel is all finished and in the Post Office system somewhere as I write. I can only hope my swapper likes it.


But on Thursday a parcel came for me....
from a lady called Jen who lives in Sydney and this is what I have been spoiled with:
The skein of yarn and the scarf and the Fuzzymitten cat are ALL Malabrigo, one of the most desirable yarns in the world, and unheard of by me before I joined Ravelry. I have spun my own yarn for the past 26 years, and for quite a bit of that time yarn shops were extremely few and far between, so I am really not up on the ultimate in commercial yarns. However, so many people have wished for Malabrigo (it is sooooo soft and knits up divinely so I can definitely see why) that I feel so totally spoiled to have so much in my swap.
And Jen made me a scarf in a pattern I was wishing for, this gorgeous cat with a removable vest, added soya yarn for me to try, choccies, hot choc, buttons, stitchmarkers (I've never had them before either) mini stationery items and fabric and a cute pincushion. How spoiled is that! This is 'a hard act to follow', I just don't know if my spoilee will like my parcel nearly as much as I love this one from Jen.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: