Thursday, December 4, 2008

Spinning Monday 1st day of Summer

It may be, officially, the first day of summer here in Oz but our weather in Silver Creek has been super! Some sun, some storms bringing the ever desired rain, a little wind and just cool enough to make woolly-working enjoyable. That means freezing for the queenslanders but lovely for the victorians. I never complain about the cool/cold in earnest as it just means you can knit and spin a lot more comfortably.

I am spinning some fibre to make a birthday and Christmas gift for a special person in my son's life. The fibre is the most divine blend of merino, cashmere and silk and I will be seeking more I can assure you from the boys at 1st Edition Fibre and Yarn. I have a trip planned for next week to take my mother-in-law who is visiting from Qld, I hope I can talk her into getting some also, she will be the envy of all those banana-benders!

I hope you can see for yourself how divinely this has spun up. It has a softish grey tone, but is very neutral in colour and oh so soft!!! I'm so delighted with how it has turned out.



Fran was busy spinning this lovely variegated fibre. As a newish spinner she should be so pleased as it is coming out a treat indeed.


We had a vase of my lovely yellow Friesia roses, the smell is just divine and I keep stopping to smell them as I go past. And a birthday cake for Pam.


This is Ann's new wheel. It is a traditional Ashford, but spins much better than the wheel she is currently trying to use. As a beginning spinner it is so hard to struggle with a wheel which would frustrate even the most experienced of us. We wish her happy spinning on this wheel and watch this space to see her progress.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: