Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh I adore cashmere and silk...

This is one of the many things I have been up to while the blogging has been sparse.
I wanted to make a birthday/Christmas (they are close together) gift for someone special in my son's life and thought alpaca would be nice. But while I was digging in the stash for some to spin, I came across 2 x 100gm bags of merino/cashmere/silk blend in this natural soft greyey white colour, from the wonderful boys at 1st Edition Fibre and Yarns at Euroa. It was perfect for the person I had in mind. So I got started...

and what a dream to spin! It was on the bobbins in no time...

and plied as quickly, drool, drool

and the only mishap was with a niddy noddy coming apart and making balling up a problem

and voila! ready to knit for the next blog.Posted by Picasa

No comments: