Saturday, August 13, 2011

on to Hong Kong

We left Phuket, Mal, Tim and I, Rick and Peggy and headed to Hong Kong for the Tea Ceremony.
We've been there before, but this time I wanted to go on the Harbour Ferry.

As it turned out, Alice and Stan were booked on the same flight as us, and very kindly spent the next few days being our guides for what was once their hometown. Here they are in front of the bauhinia flower, the emblem of Hong Kong where earlier a service had been conducted on the red carpet. It was China National Day, a public holiday and many shops were closed.

So much noise and bustle after the quiet of Phuket.

We went up to Victoria Point. It was a 1-1/2 hour wait for a bus, so we caught a taxi. I would like to point out that I was booked in on my return home to have a full knee replacement. After hiking round Hong Kong's public transport systems with our guides, I definitely needed it.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: