Sunday, January 23, 2011

Indigo swap parcel for my partner

You may think, after all the swap parcels you see on here, that I should join a swapaholics group. It can become a bit of an addiction, I admit. But there are many swaps that pass by without my joining in, I choose carefully so that I am well able to fulfil my commitments. Taking my commitments seriously is a virtue I was taught, one I value, and one I have tried to teach my kids, and grandkids also. I just wish that's how it was with everyone.

This was a 'luxury' swap, meant to spoil one's partner. For my partner I made a project bag as she said she liked them, and not having much in her stash I included some commercial Zara yarn, sock yarn and some handdyed by me silk and wool. I had to do the dye process twice because of the silk to achieve the depth of colour, but in the end I was very happy with the colours and my partner loved them.

This was my first try at making stitchmarkers, I was quite pleased with the result.
I made a pair of Fetching fingerless gloves. This is a great pattern.
The Japanese-fabric project bag had special bear buttons on the ends of the ties as a special embellishment for my partner who said she loved it all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: