Saturday, May 29, 2010

Birthday Goodies 2010

While I was in Sydney minding Georgie and James, my lovely Ravelry friend Wynn came to visit on my birthday with this beautiful gift. She is very encouraging about me knitting socks. Not a favourite of mine as I've always had hot feet, I've really only knitted one (ok so I use it for Santa). But this is such lovely yarn I'll have to try. And just my colour fibre to spin, I wonder how she knew???
We had a lovely afternoon chatting while the kids played.



Then the ladies in my birthday swap group sent parcels. More lovely fibre to spin, and squeeeee lovely lacy wristlets.


And squeeeeee again, my very first pair of handknitted socks and some yummies including not 1 but 2 skeins of Lorna's Laces yarn.


The socks fit perfectly. It's very hard to take a flattering photo of your foot. I have since met the lovely lady who made my first pair of handknitted socks.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: