Saturday, May 29, 2010

autumn creations

I have spun and dyed this yarn, especially suitable for socks for my autumn swap parcel. I love the colour, it is exactly the colour of all the beautiful autumn leaves on the trees. Beechworth is looking spectacular with autumn colour this year, so I've called it 'Autumn in Beechworth". I was very hesitant about dyeing and getting it right. It's quite a while since I've done this type of dyeing, but I was really pleased with it.

And I've been sewing. I made a large project bag (lined with red)
and a very small project bag, also lined with red. I love this fabric, it's a naive style like the Villeroy and Boch plates I love so much. And apples and pears signifying Beechworth's harvest, and Chinese coin buttons on the drawstring as I live at the once-named Old Chinaman's Flat Goldfield.
My sewing machine (the super dooper new computerised Husqvarna that I haven't had any lessons on yet even though I've had it for a couple of years) didn't want to play ball with the buttonholes and it wasn't until I seriously threatened to get out my old machine (darn, that would be an effort) and do the buttonholes that it blinked it's light and behaved properly.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: