Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thank you Hume and Hovell

I have been in Sydney with Penny and the grandkids while Dan has been in the US, and most of you will know about the fuel-leak saga with the car when I arrived in Sydney 10 days ago. I was able to quickly find an efficient mobile mechanic to fix it and $1400+ later I was back behind the wheel again.
My trips up and down the Hume were very pleasant however, with beautiful spring weather and the countryside looking glorious as it always did at this time of year......until The Drought! With winter rain the countryside is looking a picture again, and every time I drive the highway I thank Hume and Hovell for choosing some lovely countryside to travel through. This time I also said a prayer of thanks for the rain (and asked for more) as little creeks still had water in them (how long since Adelong Creek has had water in it?).

If you recognise where these photos are taken, then you drive the highway way too much!

From a high point....


and another high point....


Posted by Picasa
At this point I had to take the photo into the sun as I was in a line of traffic stopped at some of the roadworks.


No comments: