Saturday, September 5, 2009

Blue Swap revealed

The Ravelry blue swap has been sent. My partner was Bec from Queanbeyan and this was the parcel I sent to her, with some wool to knit for her son, daughter and herself (my handspun was cashmere and merino for her) and some to felt with, stitchmarkers, a project bag, stationery, choccies, Kool Aid for dyeing, tape measure, vintage stitch holder and needles, sewing dolly and a crochet neck warmer.
This is the neck warmer I crocheted, and the cashmere from Fibreworks spun and plied with merino from First Edition, and the shiroshimi bag that I always send with my handspun.
The handspun was lovely and soft being 50% cashmere.
I have received my parcel from Danni in SA and it comes with a little story. Danni kept asking questions through the moderator as this is a secret swap. Several times I had to send measurements of my feet, so we assumed she was knitting socks. Maree was jealous :) (in a best friend's way). Then I got a message to say it had all gone wrong. So when my parcel came there was a note from Danni, and after attempting her first pair of knitted socks several times, she had to give up and knit the yarn (which she had spun herself from EGMTK fibre) into a scarf to get it done in time. I haven't included it here but I did take a pic of the scarf fitting my feet perfectly! We've all had a laugh.
The scarf is a pattern I've been meaning to try, and there is hand dyed fibre and yarn and hand made soap, and a dinky stitch marker holder, and matching hook wrap which Danni did herself. Then knowing I collect toby jugs, she found one for me, and a wonderful tin with pics of toby jugs around it. What a great swap!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: